Tuesday, July 30, 2013

O.M.G.

Tomorrow it will be one week since I started with a personal trainer.  I'm still sore from last Wednesday.  Wowsa!  I knew that I needed a swift kick in the ass and I sure got it!  I have no doubt in my mind that this is exactly what I needed to get back on track.  I'm feeling great!

We have been doing total body workouts and wow!  My legs, my arms, my...everything! I just can't say enough.  I just really needed this.  After this week, I'm gonna go out on my own and hopefully be able to keep training.  A few of the things he's having me do (things my body has missed so much) are:
squats, deadlifts, calf raises, triceps triceps triceps, chest and more triceps.  Today I did the farmer's carry with, wait for it....35 lb dumbbells.  I was shocked that I could do this.  Britt knew I could and even though I bitched about it, still made me do the weight AND I DID IT!  Sometimes you just get so into your routine or what you remember of past routines that you're afraid, or don't even think, to do something different.  THIS is why I hired Britt.  He had to get me out of my element.  He had to make me uncomfortable.  Shock my body.  I'm so pleased already with my workouts with him.

Call me crazy, but I can already see a little difference in my core.  My legs will come, my arms will tone soon enough, but I can already see it in my core.  I can't believe it.  Now I just have to stick to it.

Where it's gonna get really tough is now I want to run a half marathon here in October.  I'm gonna really have to use my time wisely.  I want to be able to keep my strength workouts going, but I'm also going to have to get the miles in.  I think it will be hard, but I the last race I trained for was a marathon and the time it takes out of your life to do that it crazy.  Luckily, the race is at the end of October, so I will be able to get most, if not all of my running done outside.  This is huge because that means I can take my kids in the stroller, even though it will not be good for my time/pace, I will still be able to get the miles in.  So let's just see how much more complicated I can make my life!

One thing I need to be more serious about is my nutrition and protein intake.  If I'm not careful, my milk supply is going to decrease.  I need to make sure I'm getting enough good, whole food in my body so my body can continue down the right track.

I hope to update soon on my progress with my strength training and half marathon training.

No comments:

Post a Comment