Thursday, May 15, 2014

DIY Baby Wipes

(picture courtesy of Neil Atkins)
(I asked him to send me a picture of my DIY creation with a decent background, since he was at home and I was not...I think he did pretty good!)

I have been "pinning" DIY baby wipes for months now!  I have read blogs and blogs trying to find the right combination of ingredients that worked for me (and my baby's sweet little butt).  I finally put several recipes together and came up with this.

Ingredients

  • Large glass jar (I got mine from Walmart)
  • Paper Towels (good quality)
  • Jojoba Oil (or any kind of carrier oil)
  • Aloe Vera gel
  • Essential Oils of you choice

Instructions

  1. Cut your roll of paper towels in half
  2. Put one half of the paper towels roll in the jar or container
  3. Mix 2 cups of warm water, 3-5 drops of the essential oil (I used 5 drops of lavender and 5 drops of melaleuca.  You can probably stick with 3 each and be fine.), and the aloe vera gel.
  4. pour the mixture over the paper towels in the jar and let it soak in.
  5. Turn the jar upside down to let the mixture get to the other end of the paper towels.
  6. Let sit for about 30 min to make sure they are good and saturated.
  7. Pull the brown insert out of the middle of the paper towel roll and pull the wipes from the middle of the roll.


That's it!  It's so easy.  My daughter had a yeasty diaper rash when I first started using them.  I was able to use the wipes, coconut oil, and the most natural barrier cream I could find at Walmart last minute within a couple days.

Melaleuca is a natural antifungal and Lavender is calming and healing to cuts, scrapes, burns, and rashes.


1 comment:

  1. I want to write a little testimony about the good work of doctor ehiaguna who cured me from Hsv 1 and 2 for just 2 week with his herbal medicine, I never believe I can be normal again and have a good life like others I always regretted the day I got diagnose with the virus, I was lost of hope when my doctor told me there is no cure for it but I keep thinking and thinking about my future, if I can have kids of my own well I am so grateful for my helper who get me cured with his herbal medicine, I go online in search of anything that can help me because I can’t deal with it forever so I found this doc ehiaguna email on a blog of someone who was cured by him I quickly contact him for help and explain all my pain to him, he told me not to worry about it there is cure for real, I never believe until he send me the herbal medicine when I order for it and I have it within 4 days that is how I took the medicine for 2 week and the following week I go for test just to confirm I was 100% cured from this sickness what a miracle in my life I am so happy right now, you can also get in contact with him if you have such sickness through drehiaguna@gmail.com and also WhatsApp him +2348073908953... And He also have herbs medicine to cured the following diseases; eczema,urethra wart,chronic problems.Herpes, Cancer, Als,Hepatitis, Diabetes, HPV,Infections,ulcer  ETC

    ReplyDelete